Recently, 58 year old Mr. Wang (surnamed Hua) limped to the clinic of Xu Lei, director of rheumatology department of Nanjing Hospital of traditional Chinese medicine“ My old cold leg has been five or six years. It hurts whenever it rains or blows. Like the weather forecast, it hurts whenever it rains or rains. Recently, it rains for several days, and I can’t sleep at night. Later, I really can’t stand the pain. I came to Nanjing Hospital of traditional Chinese medicine
Mr. Wang said helplessly. After careful medical history and physical examination, director Xu Lei found that Mr. Wang’s rheumatoid arthritis was more serious and suggested that Mr. Wang be hospitalized. After Mr. Wang was admitted to hospital, after anti rheumatism, anti streptococcal infection, moxibustion, acupuncture and other treatment, the symptoms have been relieved, and the “old cold leg” is no longer painful.
It is understood that due to the frequent rain in Huangmei season, many patients have come to see a doctor due to rheumatoid arthritis. Director Xu Lei explained: rheumatoid arthritis is a common acute or chronic connective tissue inflammation, characterized by joint and muscle wandering soreness, redness, swelling and pain. It is related to hemolytic streptococcal infection, also known as “streptococcal infection” in clinic. Cold, damp and other factors can induce the disease.
So for patients with rheumatoid arthritis, what should we pay attention to?
- For the acute attack of rheumatoid arthritis, director Xu Lei suggested: go to the regular hospital for examination as soon as possible, so as not to delay the diagnosis and treatment. In addition, acute phase to avoid violent physical activity, mainly in bed rest.
- Patients with rheumatism are afraid of cold and humidity. Therefore, the living environment should be sunny as far as possible to keep the indoor air fresh, circulating and dry. Keep the bedding and clothes dry and wash them frequently. Sunny weather, you can experience a short time “sunshine bath”, rain season to avoid rain, cold. Director Xu Lei stressed that due to the hot summer, for patients with rheumatoid arthritis, turn on less air conditioning or air conditioning temperature should not be too low, try not to be greedy for cold, so as not to aggravate the disease.
- In terms of diet, generally choose high protein, high calorie, digestible food, such as soybean milk, pork, eggs and so on, to avoid spicy stimulation and fatty food. In addition, it is recommended to eat some foods that can strengthen the spleen and remove dampness, such as coix seed, white gourd porridge, red bean and crucian carp soup, etc.
- In the convalescence period, we should choose some more relaxing exercises, such as Taijiquan, Baduanjin, walking, qigong, etc., which can not only improve immunity, but also prevent joint stiffness and deformity. Exercise intensity to their own tolerance is appropriate, avoid sweating, too tired.
- Follow the doctor’s advice, do not stop the drug without authorization, and actively prevent the occurrence of complications. Keep in a good mood and avoid anxiety. During the period of home rehabilitation, we can choose traditional Chinese medicine therapy, such as moxibustion and acupoint massage, so as to achieve the goal of prevention before disease, prevention of change after disease and prevention and recovery after fever. Director Xu Lei suggested that acupoints such as Zusanli, Shenshu and Guanyuan can be selected for moxibustion, which has the function of strengthening the spleen and removing dampness and harmonizing the viscera.
In addition, director Xu Lei stressed that rheumatoid arthritis should be distinguished from gout and rheumatoid arthritis. Gout is mainly caused by swelling and pain of the first metatarsophalangeal of the foot. Rheumatoid arthritis is mainly characterized by stiffness and swelling and pain of the small joints of the hand and foot. Rheumatoid arthritis is mainly caused by swelling and pain of the large joints of the limbs. The specific situation should go to the hospital and be identified through relevant examination.